You work hard to keep your blog fresh and updated. You try to engage readers by posting about a wide range of topics. You include information that resonates with people. And still, you are frustrated by the low number of followers your blog has attracted! If you are looking for ideas for how to generate more subscriptions using social media and other techniques, we have gathered some tips that may help.
Any social media agency can demonstrate why post frequency is so important. Not only do search engines list websites with constantly changing content higher that it does other sites, people are more likely to return if you have new information to share. Here are some additional tips.
- Plan your posts so that at least three new ones are available each week. You can write them all at once and schedule them out using social media apps.
- One of the benefits of social media is that when you write a blog post, you can let people know via your social platforms. For example, for each new post, put a notification with a link on your Facebook page and Twitter feed.
- Blog entries written by guests offer not only a different insight but also a new set of readers: the guest’s followers. Invite them to subscribe to your blog as well.
Speaking of getting others involved, one of the fastest ways to boost the number of followers your blog has is to network with other bloggers. Create a list of people who write about things you do, but don’t ask competitors. Ask people more affiliated with your target audience. Also try these steps:
- Write a blog entry about another related blog and provide a link.
- Approach other bloggers to help you out by linking to one of your entries. Offer to reciprocate, and ask if he or she can suggest other bloggers to link with.
- Add social media buttons to each page of your website so that readers can easily become followers.
The content of your social media feeds and blog posts can include tactics for attracting more subscribers. Here are some features known to get readers’ attention:
- People love to get things for free. Consider a giveaway that new followers are eligible for.
- Photos on your feeds resonate more with readers. Post them often and ask for comments.
- Make sure things you post are emotionally resonant. That can been they inspire awe, happiness or even outrage.
After you put some of the blog and social media actions into place, make sure to check your web site analytics. Keep adjusting your approach until you see the effects you are looking for!